torsdag den 6. december 2007

(What the world needs is) a few more rednecks

Omkvædet til Charlie Daniels Bands: (What the world needs is) a few more rednecks, fra 1989, lyder således:

I was raised on beans and cornbread
And I like my chicken fried
And yes I drive a pickup truck and I'm full of American pride
I keep a Bible on my table and a flag out on my lawn
And I don't believe in minding no one's business but my own
Now I love them Rambo movies
I think they make a lot of sense
And it's a shame old John Wayne didn't live to run for President
And I don't care what nobody says I don't trust old Gorbachev
I don't know who turned him on, it's time to turn him off


Albummet som sangen stammer fra hedder: Simple Man. Redneck-Country når det er mest, tja bedøm selv ud fra teksten.

Ingen kommentarer: